Monday, April 13, 2009

Sorry

Sorry……………………..
Remember we had a fight
Last night at eight
We broke all ties
And went for heart rendering cries
I thought that I was right
But now I realize it was my pride
Between us, the gap has widened
The bond we were tied in has
Loosened
On the roads, we stood –
And argued as hard as we could
Then we took different roads
Back to our abodes


You were going
Going far away
Without even listening
To what I had to say
I ran to stop you
But I was late
The train had already taken you
To a different state


As I walked on the narrow street
Kicking the stones with my feet
I asked myself
Was Sorry the word that was needed
Was it why it was least heeded?


I saw you sitting on the bench
Where for the first time we had met
I ran to you with a “much”
You would smile I could bet
But when I reached there
I found you nowhere
Perhaps my hallucination


I reached the road where we had
Fought
For a long time there I stood and
Thought
I had lost you forever
You would return never


I realized
That night –
Sorry was necessary------

No comments:

Post a Comment